Hello Blog Readers! I’m Baaaaaaaacccckkkkk! Although I’ve been in hibernation (well, not really hibernation, but it’s a long story) for the past few months, I was lucky enough to have “met” Brittany Nicole Lewis on Facebook a couple of months back, and even luckier when she agreed to do an interview!
Brittany is the author of Finding Freedom and her YA Zion series, and she regularly donates copies of her books to ministries. Today, she talks about some of her favourite YA books, her writing habits, favourite writing snacks (hello, fellow coffee lover!), and her novels!
Check out her interview below!
1. Hi Brittany! Thanks for talking with us today :)! First of all, could you please tell us a little bit about your latest book?
Brittany: My latest novel is the third book in The Zion Series. The other two books, Finding Freedom (book one) and Heir of Zion (book two) were released in 2017.
2. How did you come up with the idea for your book?
B: I had some spiritual things I needed to work out and I have always loved to write. One of my favorite books is The Giver, and my books are somewhat similar to that one.
3. Do you have a favourite character in your book? If so who and why?
B: No, I love all of them 😊
4. Is there something that you’d like your readers to take away from your book?
B: That community is important. Relationships are important. Reach out when you’re hurting, even though you don’t want too.
5. What’s your favourite genre?
B: Young Adult
6. What’s next for you?
B: I started a children’s series and the main character has autism. That’s a 12 book series, I also started a stand-alone novel (YA) and will be producing at least two more Audiobooks in 2018.
7. Favourite writing snack?
B: I don’t eat, but I drink a lot of coffee.
8. Do you write with music on, or like a quiet writing space?
B: I like quiet, but I write with noisy children in the background.
9. What’s some of your favourite books (and why)?
B: Harry Potter, The Giver, To Kill A Mockingbird, Holes.
10. (Since this blog focuses on YA) What’s your favourite children’s or young adult book (you can pick more than one!) and why?
B: My favorite books are the Harry Potter books and The Giver, because I know what it’s like to be an outcast and know you are meant for something greater.
Thanks so much for the interview, Brittany!